Ten Ways to Prevent Obesity in Our Families.
by: Bruce Brightman - founder, LifeSource Vitamins
Children are our future and we as parents need to help them attain their highest potential. Today's diet is high in simple carbohydrates, sugar and fat. Soft drinks, cakes, candy, and junk food are constantly bombarding our families. Statistics show that heart disease is showing up at a younger age. Diabetes is reaching epidemic proportions, asthma is becoming a common occurrence. A major contributing factor in these diseases is obesity. So what is a parent to do? The first thing we must do is educate ourselves.
Here are 10 ways to Prevent Obesity
1. Be an example. Children learn from their parents, and the first thing you as a parent must do is to show your children that you are willing to change.
2. Do a kitchen clean-up. Get rid of all foods that have refined flour or sugar in them and replace with whole foods such as whole grains, and whole sugars such as raw sugar, honey, or stevia, and foods with as little chemical additives as possible
3. Replace soft drinks, and highly sugared snacks, with healthy alternatives. Be creative. Limit sugar intake to 10% of your daily diet.
4. Limit your dietary fat intake to less than 30% of your total calories. Saturated fat should be less than 10%. Avoid all trans- fats, such as hydrogenated fats.
5. Exercise, exercise. It doesn't matter what you do. Be it team sports, walking, running, hiking, or tennis. Just get your body moving.
6. Consume at least five daily servings of fresh raw fruits and vegetables, especially dark orange or green vegetables and citrus fruits. You should have six servings of whole grains and a least 3-4 calcium-rich foods. Make sure you get plenty of dietary fiber.
7. Try to have 6 small nutrient-dense meals a day, rather than 3 large meals. Do not eat after 8 pm. Avoid repeated unsuccessful attempts at weight loss (crash dieting).
8. Include a food supplement, high in vitamins and minerals.
9. Your daily diet should consist of high quality foods, with caloric intake geared to your body type and activity level.
10. Drink at least 6 8oz. glasses of pure water a day. Water is the best cleanser.
If you follow this advice, you will not only be preventing obesity but will also: improve resistance to colds and infection, reduce risk of developing heart disease, cancer, diabetes, high blood pressure and osteoporosis, increase resistance to stress, maintain a feeling of wellbeing, help prevent premature aging, increase energy to enjoy life, and improve emotional and mental health.
Bruce Brightman – founder
E-mail Us: info@LifesourceVitamins.com
Call Us: 800.567.8122
We Are Built on Compassion - Driven by Faith & Powered by
Questions? It can be overwhelming we know. Call us, we will walk you through what
supplements will help you and which ones you really don’t need. It’s
what we do!
*Disclaimer: None of the above statements
have been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose,
treat, cure or prevent any disease. As always, consult your physician before
taking any and all supplements. LifeSource Vitamins. Individual results may
Disclaimer: All the
information contained throughout this website is based upon the opinion of the
founder of LifeSource Vitamins, Bruce Brightman, and the entire team at
LifeSource Vitamins whose relentless research and studies have been ongoing on
since 1992. Other articles and
information are based on the opinions of the authors, who retains the copyright
as marked on the article. The
information on this site is not intended to replace your health care
professional, but to enhance your relationship with them. Doing your own studying and research and
taking your health care into your own hands is always best, especially in
partnership with your health care professional.
If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medications, or have any medical
conditions, always consult your health care professional before taking
supplements based on the information on this site.