Tom's of Maine
Whole Care With Fluoride Peppermint Gel- 4.7 oz.
Our Price: $5.49
Tom's of Maine - Natural Toothpaste Whole Care Anticavity & Tarter Control plus Whitening Gel Peppermint - 4.7 oz. (133 g)
Refreshing natural flavor. Real flavor oils, not artificial sweeteners like saccharin, leave your mouth feeling clean and fresh.
Fights cavities. Naturally sourced fluoride reminerializes soft spots on teeth before they turn into cavities.
Controls tartar. Zinc citrate, a naturally occurring mineral, interferes with the calcification of plaque into tartar.
Gentle whitening. Natural silica (derived from sand) improves cleaning and gently whitens without bleaching ingredients or harsh abrasives.
- Soothing brushing experience
Tom's has added xylitol (from birch trees or corn), gentle glycerin, and organic aloe for their soothing properties.
- Prevents cavities
Naturally sourced fluoride remineralizes soft spots on teeth before they turn into cavities.
- Gentle whitening
Natural silica (derived from sand) improves cleaning and gently whitens without bleaching ingredients or harsh abrasives.
- Mild natural flavor
Delicious natural flavor oils leave your mouth feeling clean and fresh.
What Tom's Of Maine Is Made Of
You've always believed it's what's inside that counts. Tom's of Maine hopes you'll apply that same rule to their products. They strive to use naturally sourced, wholesome ingredients that just make you feel right when you choose them. They're proud of their ingredients and you deserve to be informed, so browse the listing below. Every ingredient in their products is posted along with their reason for using it and where it's sourced. That's goodness you can believe in!
Here are the things that Tom's of Maine does not put in their products:
- Animal ingredients: Tom's of Maine's support of non-animal-testing models also includes the belief that they don't need to use animal ingredients to create effective products. Just one example: glycerin, used in toothpastes and soaps, is often made from animal ingredients, but theirs is vegetable-based.
- Artificial colorants: Because Tom's does not add artificial colorants, the appearance of their products may vary from batch to batch.
- Artificial flavorings or scents: Tom's of Maine does not use any synthetic flavors, colorants, or scents. The customers that Tom's caters to prefer the fresh, natural taste and smell of herbs, fruits, and flowers (or no scent at all!).
- Artificial preservatives (EDTA, formaldehyde, parabens, etc.): Natural preservatives work as well or better than artificial alternatives. For example, they use rosemary to help guard freshness in their soaps.
Ethylene glycol:Ethylene glycol can be found in hair care products and facial/body washes as a fragrance ingredient, a solvent, and as an aid in controlling viscosity. Tom's of Maine uses water and ingredients derived from corn, coconut and palm kernel oils, and sea salt to control consistency in Tom's body washes, and natural fragrances in all of Tom's products.
- Gluten: Aside from Tom's of Maine liquid hand soap and body wash, which contain wheat protein, all other Tom's of Maine products are gluten-free. They do not use alcohol, casein or caseinate, MSG, wheat, oats, barley, rye, malt, spelt, kamut, HPP, or HVP. None of their flavor oils are grain-distilled. Tom's does not use flour of any kind in their manufacturing process for conveyor belts or for any other purpose, and their containers are not dusted with flour before filling.
- Grapefruit seed extract: Studies have shown that natural preparations of this ingredient do not show antimicrobial activity; instead, it is commercial preparations that include synthetic antimicrobials or preservatives that show antimicrobial activity due to those artificial ingredients. Tom's instead uses hops for their natural antimicrobial action in their deodorants. (Armando, C., Maythe, S., Beatriz, N. P. Antioxidant activity of grapefruit seed extract on vegetable oils. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture 1997 Dec:77(4):463-467.)
- Parabens: Parabens are used as fragrance ingredients or as preservatives. Tom's of Maine relies instead on natural preservatives and ingredients.
- Peroxides: Tom's of Maine does not use bleach or peroxide in our whitening toothpastes; instead they use silica from sand to clean your teeth and create a whiter appearance.
- Phthalates: Phthalates are used to improve the performance of some personal care/cosmetic products (for example, to fix fragrance in a formula), but Tom's of Maine has always avoided this class of ingredient.
- Saccharin or other artificial sweeteners: Many conventional toothpastes contain artificial sweeteners; Tom's customers prefer a less-sweet natural flavor. Tom's of Maine uses natural sweeteners such as xylitol and rely on the naturally delicious tastes of fruits and herbs to flavor our toothpastes.
- Triclosan: Tom's of Maine relies on naturally sourced zinc.
E-mail Us: info@LifesourceVitamins.com
or Call Us: 800.567.8122
We Are Built on Compassion - Driven
by Faith & Powered by God!
It can be overwhelming we know.
Call us, we will walk you through what supplements will help you and
which ones you really don’t need. It’s what we do!
*Disclaimer: None of the above statements have been evaluated by the FDA. These
products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. As
always, consult your physician before taking any and all supplements.
LifeSource Vitamins. Individual results may vary.
Disclaimer: All the information contained throughout this website is based upon the
opinion of the founder of LifeSource Vitamins, Bruce Brightman, and the entire
team at LifeSource Vitamins whose relentless research and studies have been
ongoing on since 1992. Other articles
and information are based on the opinions of the authors, who retains the
copyright as marked on the article. The
information on this site is not intended to replace your health care
professional, but to enhance your relationship with them. Doing your own studying and research and
taking your health care into your own hands is always best, especially in
partnership with your health care professional.
If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medications, or have any medical
conditions, always consult your health care professional before taking
supplements based on the information on this site.