Yield: 8 Servings
Total Time: Prep 30 min, Cook 1 hr 0 min
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced (1 cup)
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms, finely diced
- 1 small carrot, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds extra-lean ground beef (90% lean or higher)
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats <
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 8-ounce can no-salt added tomato sauce
- 1 Tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon unsulphered molasses
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Heat the oil in a large skillet, add the onion and mushrooms and cook until the liquid is evaporated and the mushrooms begin to brown about 8 minutes. Stir in the carrots, tomato paste, thyme and garlic and cook, stirring, 2 minutes more. Allow to cool completely.
In a large bowl combine the beef, oats, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, mushroom mixture, salt and pepper. Mix until just well combined. Transfer the mixture to a 9x13 inch baking dish and shape into a loaf about 5 inches wide and 2 inches high.
In a small bowl whisk the tomato sauce, molasses and mustard and pour over the meatloaf.
Cook the meatloaf until a meat thermometer registers 160 degrees, about 55-60 minutes. Remove from the oven and let rest 15 minutes before slicing.
Serving Size: one 1-inch thick slice
Nutrition: Per Serving: Calories 250; Total Fat 12 g; (Sat Fat 4 g, Mono Fat 5.5 g, Poly Fat 1 g) ; Protein 21 g; Carb 14 g; Fiber 2 g; Cholesterol 110 mg; Sodium 370 mg
Nutrition Bonus: Niacin, Phosphorus, Protein, Selenium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, Copper, Iron, Pantothenic Acid, Potassium, Riboflavin, Vitamin C
E-mail Us: info@LifesourceVitamins.com
Call Us: 800.567.8122
We Are Built on Compassion - Driven by Faith & Powered by
Questions? It can be overwhelming we know. Call us, we will walk you through what
supplements will help you and which ones you really don’t need. It’s
what we do!