Garlic 2,000 mg - (2 per day) Odorless 200 Softgels
New Larger /
Available in 100 Count
Garlic was already an established and trusted remedy when the Greek physician Hippocrates included it in his list of favorite herbal medicines. In fact, ancient records indicate that the pungent herb was one of man's earliest medicines dating back some 5,000 years. Through this long period of history, a pattern of effective uses emerged which served to guide modern researchers in the 20th century. For example, the Greek physician Dioscorides, who lived in the 1st century AD, wrote of Garlic: "It doth clear the arteries." Science has now validated this claim by proving that Garlic does indeed lower cholesterol and triglycerides as well as help to reduce clot formations (thrombi) in the blood. Numerous studies done within the last 20 years verify numerous main activities or modes of action for Garlic.*
- Allicin is the key ingredient responsible for the broad-spectrum of anti-bacterial activity in garlic.*
- Mild but broad-spectrum antibiotic*
- Anti-cancer potential (specifically, the lowered risk of colon and urinary/bladder cancers)*
- Helps system boosters, a natural antibiotic.*
- Blood thinning & blood clots*
- Helps prevent colds and flu's*
- Anti-fungal benefits*
- In order to produce a high quality garlic product, one must start with a high quality raw garlic. We do at LifeSource Vitamins! We go to great lengths to provide the best, always! Fresh garlic contains an enzyme called “allinase” and “alliin”, which are contained in different parts of the garlic plant. This unique structure is designed as a defense mechanism against microbial pathogens of the soil. When fungi or other soil pathogens attack the cloves, the membrane of those compartments is destroyed, and within 10 seconds, all the alliin is converted into a new compound called allicin.*
- Why do we crush our Garlic? When raw garlic is crushed or chopped, alliin reacts with the enzyme allinase. Garlic was designed so that the alliin and the allinase were in different parts of the garlic plant. They are meant to react and protect the garlic plant when it was crushed. Together the action of the enzyme allinase with the amino acid, alliin produces allicin. Allicin is what is responsible for the amazing health benefits of raw garlic. If you were to eat raw garlic whole without crushing it, you would miss the good benefits of it! So always crush the garlic or chop it fine to get the benefits. It is best to use garlic as fresh as possible as allicin starts to diminish quickly after it’s produced.*
- Allicin, once thought to be so unstable that nothing could stop its immediate degradation to inactive compounds, is actually more stable than originally thought. In fact, dry powdered Garlic has Allicin-producing potential. Allicin is an extract that is extracted from garlic. It accounts for the majority of the good things about garlic. In concentrated form, it can have many health benefits. It also is being employed as an immune system stimulant. Garlic has known heart benefits. Many people are finding benefit for colds and flu prevention. It is being tested for use against antibiotic resistant infection. There are many studies conducted with allicin and cancer. Some are targeted at prevention. In addition there are studies, where it is used to kill cancer cells.*
- Aging a Garlic product to reduce or eliminate odor appears to rob Garlic of its most valuable properties. We don’t do this at LifeSource Vitamins!
Last but not least is the discovery that Garlic consumption is inversely proportional in producing benefits to wellness. In other words, the more Garlic one ingests the lower the risk of serious illness. This is one of the best arguments for Garlic supplementation as a regular part of the daily diet. Most of us won't eat enough Garlic in our food to deliver the protection we desire, so choosing a Garlic supplement for the whole family is being "pill-wise." 2,000 mg of Quality Garlic guaranteed and odorless.*
Allicin is physiologically active in microbial, plant and mammalian cells. In a dose-dependent manner allicin can inhibit the proliferation of both bacteria and fungi or kill cells outright, including antibiotic-resistant strains like methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA). Furthermore, in mammalian cell lines, including cancer cells, allicin induces cell-death and inhibits cell proliferation. In plants allicin inhibits seed germination and attenuates root-development. The majority of allicin's effects are believed to be mediated via redox-dependent mechanisms. In sub-lethal concentrations, allicin has a variety of health-promoting properties, for example cholesterol- and blood pressure-lowering effects that are advantageous for the cardio-vascular system. Molecules. 2014. Allicin: chemistry and biological properties. Borlinghaus J1, Albrecht F1, Gruhlke MC1, Nwachukwu ID2, Slusarenko AJ3.
LifeSource Vitamins - Enteric coating allows a properly produced Garlic tablet to bypass stomach acid and deliver higher potency Garlic to the small intestine. Garlic in studies has shown to Lower Cholesterol, Anti-Thrombotic, Broad Spectrum Antibiotic.*
Every LifeSource Vitamins product exceeds the
standards and requirements set forth in the FDA's Code of Federal Regulation
(21 CFR, 111) Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMP).
Proudly Made in the USA, with ALL USA
E-mail Us: info@LifesourceVitamins.com
Call Us: 800.567.8122
We Are Built on Compassion - Driven by Faith & Powered by
Questions? It can be overwhelming we know. Call us, we will walk you through what
supplements will help you and which ones you really don’t need. It’s
what we do!
*Disclaimer: None of the above statements
have been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose,
treat, cure or prevent any disease. As always, consult your physician before
taking any and all supplements. LifeSource Vitamins. Individual results may
Disclaimer: All the
information contained throughout this website is based upon the opinion of the
founder of LifeSource Vitamins, Bruce Brightman, and the entire team at
LifeSource Vitamins whose relentless research and studies have been ongoing on
since 1992. Other articles and
information are based on the opinions of the authors, who retains the copyright
as marked on the article. The
information on this site is not intended to replace your health care
professional, but to enhance your relationship with them. Doing your own studying and research and
taking your health care into your own hands is always best, especially in
partnership with your health care professional.
If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medications, or have any medical
conditions, always consult your health care professional before taking
supplements based on the information on this site.