6 Servings Prep: 10 min. Cook: 50 min.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato puree
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked spaghetti, optional
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in 1 tablespoon oil. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, saute the green pepper, mushrooms and garlic in remaining oil until vegetables are tender.
- Add the tomato puree, stewed tomatoes, vinegar, sugar, basil, oregano, red pepper flakes, remaining salt and reserved chicken. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in parsley. Simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes longer or until sauce is thickened. Serve over spaghetti if desired.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving (1 chicken breast half with 1/2 cup sauce, calculated without spaghetti) equals 248 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 857 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 3 vegetable.
E-mail Us: info@LifesourceVitamins.com
Call Us: 800.567.8122
We Are Built on Compassion - Driven by Faith & Powered by
Questions? It can be overwhelming we know. Call us, we will walk you through what
supplements will help you and which ones you really don’t need. It’s
what we do!