Each of the following symptoms can appear on the face, the chest or the
· Red spots, bumps, or pustules, sometimes inflamed and painful
- Hormonal fluctuation or imbalance
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Poor digestion/toxic body system
- Food sensitivities
- Candida/yeast overgrowth
- Insulin resistance/elevated blood sugar levels
- Simple basic unprocessed foods.
- Dark green or orange vegetables are especially helpful for their
carotenoids, which help maintain and repair skin.
- Nuts, seeds, such as almonds, walnuts and pumpkin seeds, are good sources
of skin-healthy Vitamin E and essential fatty acids.
- Quality protein sources are beans, peas, lentils, eggs, and fresh
cold-water fish such as salmon, mackerel, herring and sardines. The latter
are rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
- Meat products should be hormone- and antibiotic-free and limited.
- Drink a glass of clean, quality water every two waking hours to flush
toxins out of the body and to maintain good general health.
- If you must use topical or oral antibiotics for acne, be sure to eat some
live, unsweetened yogurt every day. Antibiotics destroy the “friendly”
bacteria in your digestive tract, which are necessary for good health, and
yogurt will replace them.
Foods to Avoid
- Eliminate junk and processed food, such as refined grains, colas, and
candy. These products are a large source of toxins in the average diet.
- Sugar encourages oil production and provides food for bacteria and yeast.
Also, avoid artificial sugar substitutes like saccharine or aspartame.
- Saturated and hydrogenated fats are particularly difficult to digest, and
they worsen acne. Stay away from fried foods and solid fats, such as
margarine, lard, and vegetable shortening.
- Avoid alcohol, chocolate and limit meat products because an acidic internal
environment encourages acne.
- Coffee and other caffeinated products may aggravate skin conditions. Drink
herbal tea instead.
- Iodine may trigger acne. Dairy products and kelp products contain iodine.
Prescription for Natural Cures
by James F. Balch and Mark Stengler
Super Prescription # 1
– LifeSource Product - Take 160 mg of a standardized Vitex extract (chasteberry). Vitex is an
excellent hormone balancer to reduce acne. Use this super supplement for at
least six weeks. If you see improvement, continue with the same dosage as
long as it remains effective. Women should not use if on birth control or
Super Prescription # 2
Essential Fatty Acids
– LifeSource Products - Take 1 to 2 tablespoons of flaxseed oil or 3 to 5 grams of fish oil daily.
It may take four to eight weeks for improvements to be noticed.
Super Prescription # 3
– LifeSource Product - Take 50 mg twice daily with meals for three months, and then reduce the
dosage to 50 mg once daily for long-term supplementation.
Super Prescription # 4
– LifeSource Product with Burdock root is ESIAK - Take 300 to 500 mg of the capsule form, 30 drops of tincture or 1 cup of
tea three times a day. Take for a minimum of eight weeks.
Super Prescription # 5
Tea Tree Oil
– LifeSource Product - Apply a solution by dabbing it onto blemishes twice daily. A 5% solution of
tea tree oil in diluted water acts similarly to benzoyl peroxide but
without the drying side effects. Since tea tree oil is quite potent, test
the solution on a small area of your skin first.
Super Prescription # 6 Gugulipid - Gugulipid has been shown in research to reduce acne, particularly cystic
acne. Take and extract containing 25 mg of guggulsterones, an active
compound, twice daily.
Super Prescription # 7
– LifeSource Product - Take 5,000 IU to 10,000 IU or higher daily, under the guidance of a doctor.
Research has shown that doses of 100,000 IU or higher are effective but
require a doctor’s supervision. The problem with Vitamin A is that high
dosages are needed to be effective for acne and these may cause side
effects. A way around this problem is to use a lower dosage, along with
other nutrients that work synergistically for skin health, such as
selenium, Vitamin E and zinc. Women who may be pregnant or trying to
conceive should not use more than 5,000 IU daily.
Skin Care for Acne
: LifeSource Products
– LifeSource Product - Take 160 mg twice daily. Is effective for both men and women.
– LifeSource Product - Take 400 to 800 IU daily. Enhances the beneficial effects of selenium and
– LifeSource Product - Take 200 mcg daily. Almost all of Adult LifeSource Multi
vitamins have this dosage in them.
Super Green Phyto Foods
– LifeSource Product - Take as directed on the container.
E-mail Us: info@LifesourceVitamins.com
or Call Us: 800.567.8122
We Are Built on Compassion - Driven by Faith & Powered by God!
Have Questions? It can be overwhelming we know. Call us, we will walk
you through what supplements will help you and which ones you really
don’t need. It’s what we do!
LifeSource Vitamins: Since 1992
None of the above statements have been evaluated by the FDA. These products
are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. As
always, consult your physician before taking any and all supplements.
LifeSource Vitamins. Individual results may vary.
All the information contained throughout this website is based upon the
opinion of the founder of LifeSource Vitamins, Bruce Brightman, and the
entire team at LifeSource Vitamins whose relentless research and studies
have been ongoing on since 1992. Other articles and information are based
on the opinions of the authors, who retains the copyright as marked on the
article. The information on this site is not intended to replace your
health care professional, but to enhance your relationship with them. Doing
your own studying and research and taking your health care into your own
hands is always best, especially in partnership with your health care
professional. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medications, or have any
medical conditions, always consult your health care professional before
taking supplements based on the information on this site.