Osha is arguably the best American herb for lung and throat infections. It stimulates the macrophages or resident white blood cells of the lungs, numbs sore throats, bronchio-dilates the lungs to assist in expectoration, warms the lungs, and helps one to breathe more deeply. It is more effective than Echinacea and Goldenseal when one is already acute and congested. It is great for chronic viral infections, swollen tonsils, throat infections, and low lung resistance. Osha can be used preventatively for those prone to sore throats and lung congestion or get secondary infections from allergies. It can help those who get sick when they fly on airplanes, go to conventions, teach or lecture, work in the public domain with sick people or simply get sick easily. It is more of an acute medicine, so use it when around sick people and stop taking it when away from the problem and you did not get sick.
Osha brings more blood into the lungs and assists in the dilation of the lungs when constricted. It can help with emphysema, pneumonia, allergies, smokers cough, and athletically induced asthma. It increases oxygen utilization and uptake into the body. This can assist in altitude sickness and be helpful for competitive sports enthusiasts as well. Ephedra has traditionally been used as a bronchial-dilator herb for these conditions, but many do not like the stimulating nervousness from Ephedra. Osha can be used as a milder substitute.
Osha combines well with other expectorants like those in Respir-Ease/Respiratory Complex, with other lung anti-bacterial herbs like Lomatium, and with other bronchial-dilators like Lobelia and Ephedra.
Taste: Like intense celery and is slightly numbing in the mouth
100% TESTING OF LIQUID EXTRACT INGREDIENTS AND PRODUCTS
- FTIR (Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy) – helps identify chemicals or compounds.
- GC (gas chromatography) – measures chemical spectrum and potency, and is often used for testing essential oils.
- HP-TLC (high-performance thin-layer chromatography) – identifies the genus and species of a plant.
- HPLC (High-Pressure Liquid Chromatography) – isolates chemical markers to measure the potency of a plant compound, vitamin, or mineral.
- ICP-MS (inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry) – quantifies the amount of heavy metal in a raw material or product.
- Microscopy – helps identify the genus and species of whole botanicals by looking at cell structure.
- Macroscopy –identifies the genus and species of a whole plant.
- Microbiological testing – shows the count of aerobic bacteria, yeast, mold, e-coli, staph, and salmonella in raw and finished goods.
- Organoleptic – uses taste, color, and smell as quality markers in raw materials and finished goods.
- Titration – measures vitamin or mineral potency.
- UV-VIS (ultraviolet-visible spectroscopy) – measures the amount of a specific compound in a plant.
Proudly Made in the USA!
Every LifeSource Vitamins product exceeds all regulation standards and
requirements set forth in the FDA's Code of Federal Regulation.
21 CFR, part 111
as well as all Good Manufacturing Practices enforced by the FDA. CGMP's
provide for systems that assure proper design, monitoring, and control of
manufacturing processes and facilities.
LifeSource Vitamins: Driven by Faith ~ Powered by God
Have Questions on this or any other product or health issue for you or a
loved one? It can be overwhelming we know. Call us, we will walk you
through what supplements will help you and which ones you really don’t
need. It’s what we do! Toll-Free: 800-567-8122
LifeSource Vitamins – Founded in 1992
100% of our profits are donated to Christian Organizations like these
and many others worldwide:
Campus Crusade for Christ - CRU
The Jesus Film Project
The Tim Tebow Foundation
The Herman and Sharron Show on CTN (Christian Television Network)
and many more…
E-mail Us: info@LifesourceVitamins.com
or Call Us: 800.567.8122
We Are Built on Compassion - Driven by Faith & Powered by God!
None of the above statements have been evaluated by the FDA. These products
are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
As always, consult your physician before taking any and all
LifeSource Vitamins. Individual results may vary.
All the information contained throughout this website is based upon the
opinions of the founder of LifeSource Vitamins, Bruce Brightman, and the
entire team at LifeSource Vitamins whose relentless research and studies
have been ongoing since 1992. Other articles and information are based on
the opinions of the authors, who retain the copyright as marked in the
article. The information on this site is not intended to replace your
health care professional, but to enhance your relationship with them. Doing
your own studying and research and taking your health care into your own
hands is always best, especially in partnership with your health care
If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medications, or have any medical
conditions, always consult your health care professional before taking
supplements based on the information on this site.
LifeSource Vitamins: from the nutrients we choose, to the way we run
our business, we answer to God in all we do!