- Immune System
- Increased Calcium Absorption
- Bell’s Palsy Treatment
- Treating Cold Sores
- Helps in Reducing Stress & Anxiety
- Helps with Shingles
- Athletic Performance - HGH Release & Increase - Helps Arginine
- Proper Body Growth
- Heart Health
- Helps Prevent Herpes
- Supports Bone Health
- Helps with Skin
- Fights Hair Loss
L-lysine plays a particularly important role in the immune system. It is involved in the development of antibodies and has important antiviral properties.
Studies show that this particular amino acid is especially beneficial for safeguarding against herpes virus. Lysine has been shown to decrease occurrences of anxiety and it assists with the formation of collagen and muscle tissue.
It is also involved in protein biosynthesis, especially in building collagen together with the amino acids Glycine and Proline. An L-lysine deficiency may therefore result in broken skin, fragile nails and in extreme cases loss of hair.
There is also evidence that L-lysine increases the effectiveness of L-arginine in promoting human growth hormone (HGH) release. Studies have found that HGH was increased when weightlifters ingested Arginine and Lysine without exercise.
You may experience many health benefits when you have an adequate intake of l-lysine in your diet, here are a few….
- Cholesterol Management. In the liver, l-lysine converts to carnitine which helps your body burn fat. Because of this fat-burning ability, studies have shown that lysine in the diet may result in decreased levels of LDL (or bad) cholesterol.
- Bone Health. Everyone knows that calcium is critical for strong bones. L-lysine helps the body to absorb the calcium and decreases the excretion of calcium. Some studies also show that l-lysine may increase the activity of bone and collagen building cells. Decreasing the loss of calcium and increasing bone-building activity may slow the bone loss that happens with age.
- Herpes Prevention. L-lysine may act as an antiviral by blocking the production of the Herpes Simplex Virus. Studies suggest that following a diet rich in lysine (or taking a lysine supplement), while not curing the virus, may prevent outbreaks of genital herpes and cold sores associated with the herpes virus. L-lysine may also help herpes sores heal faster.
- Proper Body Growth. L-lysine is one of the primary components of proteins. Therefore, it is critical for proper body growth particularly in children. Because it helps your body absorb calcium, l-lysine is also critical for growing bones and other tissues. Low levels of lysine may lead to failure to grow due to a protein deficiency.
- Anxiety and Stress Reduction. In 2004, the National Academy of Sciences reported that lysine supplements can reduce stress and anxiety in a population that consumed very low levels of l-lysine rich foods.
- Shingle Relief. Shingles is caused by the same virus that causes chicken pox in children. With shingles, the adult will experience a painful rash usually located on one side of the body along one of the major spinal nerves. While not a cure for shingles, l-lysine may help decrease the duration or intensity of the disease.
- Pain Relief: Studies are being conducted to determine if l-lysine acts as an anti-inflammatory. If it does, you may be able to get pain relief from an adequate intake of this amino acid.
- Heart Health. Finally, l-lysine may be effective in decreasing some of the symptoms associated with angina. While the mechanism of action is not known, lysine in conjunction with vitamin C seems to have some effect.
LifeSource Vitamins product exceeds the standards and requirements set forth in
the FDA’s Code of Federal Regulation (21 CFR, 111) Current Good Manufacturing
Made in the USA, with ALL USA Ingredients!
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings per Container: 100
L-Lysine (from L-Lysine
* Percent Daily Values are based
on 2,000 calorie diet.
† Daily Value not established.
Ingredients: Gelatin (capsule), Stearic Acid
(vegetable source), Cellulose, Rice Flour and Magnesium Stearate (vegetable source)
manufactured with wheat, gluten, soy, milk, eggs,
fish, shellfish or tree nut ingredients
Suggested usage: Take 1 tablet 1 to 3 times
E-mail Us: info@LifesourceVitamins.com
or Call Us: 800.567.8122
We Are Built on Compassion - Driven by Faith & Powered by God!
Have Questions? It can be overwhelming we know. Call us, we will walk you through what supplements will help you and which ones you really don’t need. It’s what we do!
LifeSource Vitamins: Since 1992
*Disclaimer: None of the above statements have been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. As always, consult your physician before taking any and all supplements. LifeSource Vitamins. Individual results may vary.
Disclaimer: All the information contained throughout this website is based upon the opinion of the founder of LifeSource Vitamins Bruce Brightman, and the entire team at LifeSource Vitamins whose relentless research and studies have been ongoing on since 1992. Other articles and information are based on the opinions of the authors, who retain the copyright as marked on the article. The information on this site is not intended to replace your health care professional, but to enhance your relationship with them. Doing your own studying and research and taking your health care into your own hands is always best, especially in partnership with your health care professional. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medications, or have any medical conditions, always consult your health care professional before taking supplements based on the information on this site.