LifeSource Papaya Enzyme Chewables are made from whole, unripe spray-dried Papaya powder. They contain 40 mg of Papaya per Lozenge and include Cellulase, Lipase and Protease for a broad based array of enzyme activity. We use an all vegan formula and they leave your mouth feeling Fresh!
- Maximizes Digestion
- Reduces Inflammation and Swelling
- Helps to Maintain Glowing Skin
- Soothes Nausea
- Acts as a Detoxifying Agent in the Body
What are Papaya Enzymes?
The Papaya is a plant native to Mexico and Central America . It is a short-lived, fast growing herb that bears fruit. The Papaya is a pear shaped fruit that is rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin A and potassium. Papayas also contain the enzyme Papain. Papain is a digestive enzyme that is more readily found in green, unripe fruits. Papain has a mild and soothing effect on the stomach and is very useful in helping to aid digestion.
The History of the Papaya
The effectiveness of the papaya as a medicinal herb has been known since the 1700's. But it was not until 1870 that the enzymes of the papaya were recognized medicinally. Papain is by far the most widely studied enzyme of the papaya and has been used in many areas including: wound care, clotting milk, treatment of jellyfish and insect stings and the treatment of digestive problems.
Health Benefits of the Papaya Enzyme (Papain)
• Papaya enzymes can be used to treat ulcers, dissolve membranes in diphtheria and help to reduce swelling and fever after surgery. Papain has also been used to treat cold sores and food allergies.
• In low dosages the Papain enzyme is an excellent digestive aid. Papain helps to regulate the bowels and helps to clean away dead tissues from the body.
• Papaya enzymes may also prove beneficial to people who suffer from lower back pain, sprains and strains. It can also help to maintain healthy skin and boost immune system function. Papain enzymes have been found to be extremely effective in dissolving fats to purge and soften the skin.
• Papain can also work wonders for sports injuries because of its ability to reduce swelling and thin mucous. Papain can be used as a treatment for a sore throat and can help to alleviate sinus pain caused by blocked or swollen sinuses. Many people have reported a rapid reduction in symptoms of sore throats and sinus pain after taking the Papain enzyme.
Alternative Facts about the Papaya Enzyme (Papain)
Some people can be allergic to enzymes and it is always a good idea to consult your doctor or health nurse before you start taking any supplements. All papaya extracts including the Papain enzyme should be avoided during pregnancy. They should also be avoided if you have a bleeding disorder.
Serving Size: 2 Lozenges
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Servings Per Container: 90
Servings Per Container
Papain (from Papaya) (2000 USP/g)
Papaya Fruit Powder
Bromelain (from Pineapple) (2400 GDU/g)
Protease (5000 FCC/g)
Lipase (2000 USP/g)
Cellulase (500 CMC/g)
Alpha-amylase (30,000 SKB/g)
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet.
† Daily Value not established
Suggested Usage: As a dietary supplement, chew or dissolve 2 lozenges in mouth following meals or as needed.
Other Ingredients: Stearic Acid (vegetable source), Magnesium Stearate (vegetable source), Silica, Peppermint Powder, Peppermint Oil and Sodium Copper Chlorophyllin. Vegetarian/Vegan Product.
Contains no: wheat, gluten, soy, milk, egg, shellfish or tree nut ingredients. Produced in a GMP facility that processes other ingredients containing these allergens.
Caution: Do Not Eat Freshness Packet. Keep in Bottle.
Warning: Sorbitol is safe for people, but harmful to dogs. Do not feed to pets.
Disclaimers: *These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Store in a cool, dry place.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
As always, consult your physician before taking any and
all supplements. LifeSource Vitamins.